Harbeth Super HL5plus
- Transducer system 3-way vented: 200mm Harbeth RADIAL2™ bass/mid; 25mm Ferro-cooled done tweeter, 20mm dome SuperTweeter
- Freq. response 40Hz-20kHz +/-3dB free-space, grille on, smooth off-axis response
- Impedance 6 ohms easy to drive.
- Sensitivity 86dB/1W/1m
- Amp. suggestion Works with a wide range of amplifiers, ideally from 25W/channel.
- Power handling 150W programme
- Dimensions (hxwxd) 635 x 322 x 300mm (+12mm for grille and binding posts)
Harbeth’s Super HL5plus produces breathtaking transparency, a huge soundstage and total immersion in the performance. This speaker creates a rich bass and sweet midrange that brings acoustic music alive.
This is the latest generation of Dudley Harwood’s original HL-Monitor: the cabinet is still engineered in the BBC tradition of removable ‘thin-wall’ panels for a totally true-to-life sound.
Retaining the classic ‘two cubic foot’ proportions found in the very best BBC monitors, the HL5plus relies on the exclusive Harbeth-made 200mm RADIAL2™ bass/mid driver. This produces a big, warm and powerful sound that underpins the incredible midband clarity.
The 25mm main tweeter is augmented by a 20mm SuperTweeter for an extended and even dispersion to the upper edge of the audio band.
AWARDS for the SHL5plus include…
Golden Ear Award by The Abosulute Sound 2015
Stereophile ‘Recommended’ 2015
Stereoplay (Germany) ‘Highlight’
Best Hi-Fi Component, Spring 2015 by
SHL5plus REVIEWS include…
The Absolute Sound by Paul Seydor
StereoNet online (Australia)
Culture HD magazine (French)
6 Moons Audio by Tim Smith
On-Top Audio (France) by Pierre Stemmelin
Stereophile (USA) June 2015 by Art Dudley
FairAudio (Germany) June 2015
C|Net (June 2015) by Steve Gutternberg
Launch news by Alan Sircom, HiFi+ magazine
Hi-Fi Corner blog by Joe Kannan
TheEAR.net by René van Es