Rogue Audio Medusa and Hydra Amplifiers
Imagine a new kind of amplifier that combines the best of both the solid state and tube technologies. An energy efficient “green” design requiring no tube biasing or regular maintenance. An amplifier having the smooth and organic sound that only tubes can provide combined with the dynamics and slam of the solid state. Such an amplifier now exists! Critics are already using words like “Groundbreaking” and “Revolutionary” to describe Rogue Audio’s new tube/Class D hybrid amplifiers.
These new amplifiers are much more than simply a tube circuit placed in front of a class D output section. The proprietary tubeD™ circuit toplogy actually integrates the tube section into the amplifer yielding the smooth natural sound that only a tube amp can provide. With almost uncanny accuracy the Hydra and Medusa deliver stunning dynamics and transparency without any of the edgy, etched or grainy sound that often accompanies solid state designs. A low power standby mode allows critical amplifier sections to remain continuously powered on (if desired) and a slow start feature allows the tubes to warm up gradually to eliminate turn-on noise and greatly extend tube life. Three massive linear power supplies are used to power the amplifier circuitry and ultra-high quality parts are used exclusively throughout the design. Combined with a stunning appearance, you can be certain that you are investing in an amplifier that truly represents the very leading edge of audio technology.
– Large high performance torodal transformers
– Massive linear power supplies
– Balanced (XLR) and single ended (RCA) inputs
– Heavy-duty gold plated binding posts
– Two 12AU7 tube complement
– Short circuit protection
– Standby circuitry for solid state components
– Slow start circuit for extended tube life
– Machined aluminum faceplate
– Heavy (2 ounce) copper circuit board
– All precision components
– Fully tested, burned in, and auditioned
– 3 year limited warranty (6 months on tubes)