- Transducer system 3-way vented: 300mm Harbeth bass unit; 200mm RADIAL2™ mid; 25mm Ferro-cooled soft dome tweeter
- Freq. response 35Hz-20kHz +/-3dB free-space, grille on, smooth off-axis response
- Impedance 6-8 ohms – easy to drive
- Sensitivity 86dB/1W/1m
- Amp. suggestion Works with a wide range of amplifiers from 35W/channel.
- Power handling 650W programme
- Dimensions (hxwxd) 750 x 432 x 388mm (+12mm for grille and binding posts)
The Monitor 40.2 redefines the term ‘Reference Loudspeaker’. Built on the success of the multi award-winning M40.1, this new generation is the biggest leap forward in sonic supremacy since the design’s launch in January 1998.
More efficient, more adaptable to a wide range of listening environments, perfectly balanced and more transparent and engaging, the M40.2 takes the Harbeth sound to a new level.
With its mesmerising and addictive soundstage, Harbeth’s reference monitor produces a grand, dynamic and unforgettable sonic experience – far beyond conventional loudspeaker listening.
AWARDS for the M40.2 include…
Germany’s Audio magazine ‘Recommended’ the “most musical monitor ever”
USERS of the M40 series include…
Used at Fountain Studios, the largest TV studio in Britain, and home of TV hits The X-Factor, The Cube, Britain’s Got Talent – some of the biggest audience shows.
Used at the British Library’s sound archives.
Used at ITV Leeds to make the hugely successful Emmerdale.
Used at BBC Cardiff to make Crimewatch.