- Number of Channels – 2
- RMS power per channel at full bandwidth at 8 Ohms – 180
- Frequency Response +/- .1 bd 20 to 20K
- Signal to noise ratio (a-weighted) – 123
- THD (20Hz to 20KHz) – 123 db
- Intermodulation Distortion – 0.03
- Crosstalk (20Hz to 20KHz) >100
- Dimensions (W-H-D) – 17 x 7 x 16.5″
- Each additional channel (up to a total of 7) $500
Like all other ATI amplifiers, the AT1800-series amps are cooled by large heat sinks, not by cooling fans. This feature may be especially important in this amplifier, which is likely to find use in many home theater systems that do not hide the equipment in a rack or closet.
You can set this amp right next to your favorite listening chair without having to worry about fan noise. An optically-coupled protection circuit automatically shuts down the amplifier in an overload situation, such as when someone accidentally cuts into a speaker cable and shorts out the amp. Once the protection circuit is engaged, it checks the conditions every 10 seconds, and restores output automatically when the overload situation is remedied. The protection circuit is optically coupled to the audio circuit; because there’s no direct electrical connection, the protection doesn’t affect sound quality. A magnetic circuit breaker provides further protection and eliminates the need for cumbersome fuses.